The LG washer DE code is rather common, and you are sure to have encountered it. Continue reading to find out how to resolve this problem.
During the wash, rinse, or spin cycles, the LG front-load washer shows a DE error number, indicating that the door hasn’t been properly locked. This error code, on the other hand, can be simply fixed in just a few steps.
DE Error in LG Washing Machine – What Are the Causes?
When your washing machine displays the DE error number, it could be caused by one of three main problems. The following are some of the reasons why your washing machine door won’t lock properly:
- The door to the washer hasn’t been properly adjusted.
- The door was not properly shut.
- It’s possible that the door’s latch is broken.
How can I fix the DE error code on my LG washing machine?
Before you investigate any other reasons or malfunctions, attempt the following to resolve the DE error code:
- Step 1: Press the Power button to switch off and unplug the washing machine.
- Step 2: Press and hold the Start/Pause button for roughly 5 seconds after the power has been turned off.
- Step 3: Reconnect the washer and turn it on by pushing the Power button.
- Step 4: Open and close the washing machine door, making sure it is firmly fastened.
- Step 5: To test the washer, select a wash cycle and press Start/Pause.
Repairs and malfunctions
If the error code persists after you’ve done the steps above, there could be a problem.
- If the door of your washer is closed but not locked, it’s possible that the latch of the lock assembly has failed, necessitating a replacement.
- If your washer’s door is closed and locked but the cycle still doesn’t start, the lock assembly has failed and needs to be replaced.
- If you can’t close the washer’s door because the handle isn’t working, it’s because the handle is broken and needs to be replaced.
- The hinges have been broken and will need to be replaced if the door does not close due to the previous hinges.
See more at our Occupychristmas website!